Today is Bethany’s Blog Party! It’s a ton of fun so head over and play along! This questionnaire is part of the party fun:
What was your age when you first discovered your love of yarn? What (or who) was it that introduced you to all that fibery goodness? I was very young when I learned to love yarn. My Mom was always making slippers, Christmas stockings, and toys for us. One year she made this beautiful baby doll for me. I loved that doll and took it everywhere I went.
- If you could sit down with anyone in the world to have a little knit along, who would it be? I would absolutely love to have a knit along with my fabulous friends from Ravelry and the Yahoo groups.
- What is your favorite comfy place or position in which to work with yarn? I always wind up working with my projects at the computer. It’s not the best chair in the house but all of my patterns and things are just right where I need them and I can hop on the internet if I need to look something up or get help with a pattern. But my favorite place to work with yarn is a hand me down pink chair in my front room. It’s a comfortable chair and the cheeriest corner in the entire house 😀
- Like our heroin in the story below, do you ever dream about soft fuzzy goodness? Or how to do a particular technique you’d never thought of while awake? Unlike the heroin in the fun story on Bethany’s blog, most of my inspiration comes while I am awake. I will say that I can get lost in an idea and daydream about it for awhile but when I sleep, I never dream about yarn fun. 😛
- What type of loomer/knitter/crocheter are you? Do you like long involved projects, or quickies full of fast satisfaction? I love the quick fun projects. A lot of times, if I make one, I will need to make three more like it, lol. So quick is good for now. I do like the long involved projects too and really want to make some of those beautiful lace shawls I have been admiring.
- Have you ever guiltily postponed dinner due to your involvement with a project? Oooh, I’m not going to tell. Okay, yes, we’ve had a late dinner here and there because I was wrapped up in a project.
- What is your ultimate goal in your yarn life? Learning broomstick lace and how to knit were high priorities for me but I did it! Yay! Now I still really want to learn to shuttle tat, I want to learn to knit lace, and I want to try entralac at least once.
- Do you have a favorite snack you like to munch while working with yarn? I don’t usually snack when I work with yarn. I guess that makes it a good hobby. A yarnie day keeps the cheese puffs away ;D
- What is your all time most favorite yarn tool/accessory that you absolutely could not live without? My very favorite yarn tool is my size J crochet hook that my Mom taught me to crochet with. I lost it for a little while and was just sad about it. I turned the house upside down looking for it and then the van. I even emptied toy boxes. It finally turned up in the playroom closet behind the bookshelf. Some little imp… I was giddily happy to have it back. It’s a sentimental thing.
- What is your favorite movie? If I had to choose a favorite movie, it would be The Lake House. I need to just buy that one.
- What is your favorite book as an adult…and what was yours as a child? My absolute favorite book is the Myst series. There are 3 books and they are just so worth reading at least once. When I was younger, I loved the Anne of Green Gables books. I still do. And you should totally read The Blue Castle by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Such a sweet love story.
- What are you working on right now with your yarn? I just finished the June and July squares for the 2008 12″ Crochet Block a Month CAL group. Yeah, I got a little bit behind.
- Is there a special project that you’ve been just dying for someone (or yourself) to design? Oh, I have so many ideas but I have a really special one that I am starting work on and hope to be finished by October.
- Did someone invite you to join in on the party today? Bethany invited me to join in the party today. Thanks Bethany! It’s been great fun!
Alright, if you haven’t already been over there, hop over to Bethany’s blog and have a lot of fun!