My little blog was recently nominated for two awards. The first one is called the Proximity award and comes from my very best friend, Robin from Rockin’ the Loom. Thank you Miss Robin ❤
“This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!”
So nice! 🙂 And here’s what my gal Robin said in her nomination:
“I don’t nominate her because she is my best friend, but I nominate her because she has a pretty cool blog and isn’t in it for the popularity. She sometimes blogs about food, her 4 kids, looming, embroidery, crochet….all kinds of cool stuff. And she is such a sweet and friendly person (if not quiet most of the time.) “
How sweet is that? Love ya, Robin ❤ Right back at ya!
I could nominate all of my loomie friends for this Proximity award but I am catching a lot of them on the next award so I going to stick to 3 blogs.
First, I want to nominate Bev’s Country Cottage. I found Bev’s site several years back while browsing around for crochet patterns. And then I was surprised years after that to find that she also had loom knitting information on her site. In fact, Bev has information on crochet, knitting and loom knitting. But best of all, Bev promotes charity work and shares her love for the gospel with all who will read. A very wonderful blog and I think very deserving of this award.
The second blog I would like to nominate for this award is Loom Knitting and Something Else. This blog belongs to a wonderful friend named Maria. She lives in Mexico and is just a sweetheart. She is such a polished lady. A pearl among us 😉 On her blog you can catch fun crafty things but most of all you get to feel her love for her family, friends and life. Maria, you are fabulous!
Finally, I want to nominate one more blog for this award – Cre8tive KJ’s Corner. This blog belongs to my friend Karen. Karen is definitely creative like her blog name suggests. And talented. If it’s crafty, Karen has probably tried it 🙂 Most of all though, Karen is a great mom and that shows through in her posts. It is always fun to see what’s going on in Karen’s corner of the net.
The second award is the Kreativ Blogger award. This nomination came from my gal Robin and from another sweet lady that I admire greatly – Brenda from Loom Lore. Thank you so much Robin and Brenda ❤
The rules of this award are to list seven things that I love and then pass the award on to another seven KreativBloggers. So here are seven things that I love:
- My family and friends
- Needle Arts
- Video Games (yeah, I didn’t fully grow up :D)
- A nice leisurely soak in the tub after a long day (bubbles are always a plus ;D)
And here are the seven blogs I would like to pass this award on to. The following seven blogs are among some of the most “creative bloggers” I know. They are innovative in many different ways and share their creative lives through their blogs. In doing this, they have made this world a brighter place to live. Here are my nominations for the KreativBlogger Award:
- Rockin the Loom – this is my gal Robin’s blog. She is charming and personable and talented. She works hard at helping everyone and really does rock that loom 😉
- Gettin’ It Pegged – this blog belongs to my fabulous friend Bethany. Bethany has created a sunny, cheerful corner of the internet. She is a very talented loomer and has some super tutorials on her blog.
- Purling Sprite – this blog belongs to my beautiful friend Isela. I stumbled on Isela’s site way back when I first started loom knitting and was looking for more information. Isela has such wonderful loom knitting tutorials and patterns. Better than that, she’s very inspiring. When I grow up, I’m going to be just like her, hehe.
- Knitting without Needles– this blog belongs to another friend, Denise. Denise is a very smart gal. And her blog is chock full of great information. One of these days, she’s going to teach me how to take over the world! Denise, you are awesome!
- Owlishly – this blog is just one that I really admire. The blog belongs to Mia Zamora Johnson and she makes the prettiest crochet costume kids ever. Plus she flashes a bit of embroidery here and there 🙂
- Planet June – Planet June has the most fabulous crochet critters ever! They look like the kind of plushies you can buy at department stores! Super awesome site 🙂
- Loom Lore – this blog belongs to another person I greatly admire – Brenda. Brenda has some of the most amazing loom creations I have ever seen. And a lot of them use my favorite Knifty Knitter – the flower loom. She is so talented and graciously shares all of her patterns. Brenda, you are too cool! (Thanks for the nomination <3)
I could go on – there are so many great blogs out there. These are just a few of my favorites and definitely worth checking out. Heartfelt thanks to Robin and Brenda for the nominations. (((Big hugs))) Have a great day! 🙂